Facilities Maintenance Technician, Soule Fabrication Group facility in Kalamazoo, Michigan
The SFG Facilities Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site s business goals, day-to-day facility maintenance and objectives, as well as, providing support to the Soule Fabrication Group operations as assigned by the Facility Manager.
Persons in this position shall be able to effectively perform the following tasks:
- Act as the point of contact for delivery personnel, receiving materials and ensuring shippers match content
- Create and maintain an organizational system for stock room and tool crib, ensuring materials are charged out appropriately
- Establish relationship with vendors to quickly facilitate tock room orders
- Inspect all equipment within SFG (including overhead cranes, forklifts and floor scrubber) and contact Facility Manager when repairs are needed.
- Inspect rigging, identify deficiencies and remove damaged rigging from service. Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Operate equipment including overhead cranes, forklifts and floor scrubber
- Assist with receiving
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Complete and maintain all mill certifications and inspection reports for welding materials
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Communicate with all W. Soule facilities and job sites to borrow and lend equipment as needed
- Utilize a tracking system for all equipment borrowed and loaned
- Ability to manually push and pull materials throughout the facility on a routine basis
- Ability to manually lift up to 40 lbs. on a routine basis and on occasion handle materials heavier
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended time periods
- Ability to use hand and power tools to perform duties
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain an adequate level of cleanliness for the entire facility
Tools & Technology
Persons in this position shall have the ability to proficiently utilize the following tools & technologies associated with the job: