I.T. Help Desk Intern
The successful candidate provides information technology support for the company to include all offices and field applications.
Persons in the I.T. Help Desk Intern position shall be able to effectively perform the following tasks:
- Work through all assigned tickets ensuring that they are closed in a timely manner.
- Be the first point of contact for all I.T. support calls and emails.
- Set-up and configure new equipment/software for users.
- Give basic training to users.
- Do project based tasks as instructed by the I.T. Manager.
- Use remote control software to support field personnel.
- Be a technical resource for W. Soule employees for phone and computer related issues and questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY
Persons in the I.T. Help Desk Technician position shall have the ability to proficiently utilize the following tools & technologies associated with the job:
- Spiceworks for tracking help desk requests.
- Install and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows and other general software
- Set-up, use and troubleshoot iOS and Android devices
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Persons in the I.T. Help Desk Technician position shall exhibit the following skills and abilities:
- Effectively able to manage one's time and prioritize requests from others.
- Ability to talk, listen, and ask questions of others to convey information effectively.
- Use logic, reasoning and memory to solve problems.
- Ability to document problems and solutions in-depth
- Reliable and detail-oriented with a professional attitude
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring the ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects (multi-task)
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing
- Ability to be stationary for long periods of time
- Ability to manually lift 20 lbs. on a routine basis
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended time periods