Service Estimator Intern – Kalamazoo, Michigan
Persons in this position shall be able to effectively perform the following tasks:
- Prepare comprehensive, competitive labor and materials estimates for mechanical HVAC and plumbing projects.
- Improve job costs through negotiation with vendors and subcontractors.
- Assist Project Managers with collecting information, creating proposals in company web-based software
- Provide technical and/or estimating support during project design and proposal phases.
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers, vendors and subcontractors.
- Attends related team meetings as needed for project supports.
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY
Persons in this position shall have the ability to proficiently utilize the following tools & technologies associated with the job:
- Proficient use of Computer and Smart Phone.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite including: Adobe, Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Persons in this position shall exhibit the following skills and abilities:
- Effectively able to manage one’s time and stay organized.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Able to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Ability to understand blueprints, specifications, proposals and other estimation-related documentation
- Communicating effectively in writing and in speech as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Must be able to use basic measuring devices.
- Must be proficient in basic mathematics