A Quality-Driven Process
Quality processes drive our fabrication procedures.
- Prior to bidding work we review the material specifications, approved vendor lists and welding code requirements for a better understanding of the customer’s quality expectations.
- Once awarded the work the quality team begins planning with approved vendors and manufacturers.
- Drawings are prepared per customer specifications identifying necessary codes, hold points, customer view points and required testing. Drawings are approved by the customer and then materials are ordered.
- Materials are inspected upon arrival to confirm they meet specifications and then labeled for 100% traceability / Mill Test Report (MTR) Tracking.
- Fabrication begins based upon approved drawings and specifications. Inspections are performed at each hold point per written procedures. Weld logs and maps are updated.
- Required testing and quality check offs are completed. Final preparations like painting and insulation are completed.
We Regularly Work to the Following Criteria
ASME / National Board Stamps
W. Soule maintains ASME and National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors certifications in three of our locations. This allows us to fabricate to the ASME/National Board Codes.
- ASME PP power piping Stamp
- ASME S power boiler Stamp
- ASME U pressure vessel Stamp
- National Board R repair and alteration Stamp
- API 650 above ground storage tanks
- API 1104 oil & gas industry piping
- ASME Section IX boiler & pressure vessel
- AWS D1.1 structural steel welding
- AWS D1.6 structural welding stainless steel
Certified AWS, API and ASME Welding Procedures
- FCAW (flux-cored arc welding)
- MIG/GMAW/MAG (gas metal arc welding)
- Orbital welding
- SAW (submerged arc welding)
- SMAW (shielded metal arc welding)
- TIG/GTAW (gas tungsten arc welding)
- Dye Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Eddy Current Testing (ET)
- Hydrostatic Pressure Testing
- Leak Testing (LT)
- Magnetic Particle Examination Testing (MT)
- Phased Array (UT)
- Radiography Testing (RT)
- Shear Wave (UT)
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- AMS QQ-P-35
- ASTM A380
- ASTM A967
- ASME B31.1 power piping
- ASME B31.3 process piping
- ASME BPE
- ASTM B912