Project Administrator – Saginaw, Michigan
Persons in the Project Administrator position shall be able to effectively perform the following tasks:
- Job setup including task/phase codes, estimated cost & tax status
- Process complex customer billings and send out customer invoices in a timely manner.
- Review customer billing requirements within the contract and complete as necessary
- Understand the nature of job contracts and accounting for job contracts.
- Responsible for Change Order management
- Coordinate with customers and vendors on contract documentation: including tax documents, purchase orders, and general information.
- Audit AR billings for completion and accuracy
- Purchase Order receiving.
- Project administration support for assigned project managers
- Monitor assigned receivables and follow up with customers for timely payments
- Ensure AR past due collection calls are completed.
- Assist in month end closing
- Responsible for document imaging for assigned jobs.
- Protects the department and the organization’s values by keeping data confidential, which if disclosed, might have significant effect.
- Monitor and analyze department work and procedures to develop more efficient protocols and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Backup for payroll and purchasing.
- Perform such other accounting or administrative duties as assigned by the CF Operations Group Manager, Controller or CFO..
Tools & Technology
Persons in the Project Administrator position shall have the ability to proficiently utilize the following tools & technologies associated with the job:
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively use accounting software.
- Proficient use of computer and phone system.
Education & Experience
Persons in the Project Administrator position will meet the following education and experience requirements:
- Desirable Bachelor degree in Accounting or Preferable 2-4 years accounting experience.
- Contracting and/or Manufacturing industry related experience preferred.
Skills & Abilities
Persons in the Project Administrator position shall exhibit the following skills and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting and the application of general accounting theory.
- Demonstrate excellent work habits, including willingness to work the hours necessary to complete the job, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Effectively able to manage one’s time and meet firm deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly accounting software.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain composure and is professional in all interactions internally and externally.
- Able to work under pressure and maintain a good attitude.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality internally and externally.