Safety & Health Intern – Kalamazoo, Michigan
W. Soule & Company is an industrial mechanical contractor specializing in process pipe fabrication & installation, custom sheet metal fabrication, millwright services, and HVAC/Refrigeration Service Maintenance and Installation. From a two-person residential plumbing business started in 1946, our services and product offerings have expanded immensely in order to fit the ever-changing needs of our existing and new customers, our region and the national industry.
We are currently looking for an intern to help support our Safety Department.
- Develop and deliver training programs to various trades
- Conduct and document job-site inspections
- Work with field supervision to develop task specific job hazard analysis
- Deliver Toolbox Talks to various trades
- Develop understanding of various types of atmospheric detection equipment and their uses in confined spaces
- Work with Project Management and Field Supervision to pre-plan safety activities for upcoming work
- Assist in Incident Investigations where appropriate
- Assist in the management of workers compensation claims
- Assist in the management of fleet safety
- Work with third party prequalification websites
- Ability to travel independently to other shop and jobsite locations
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Degree path in one of the following fields of study: Occupational Health & Safety, Safety Management, Environmental Science
- Ability to design effective presentations with supporting examples
- Professional business communication
- Excel skills to analyze data, create graphs, charts, and table.
- Ability to effectively manage his or her time on assigned projects without neglecting day-to-day responsibilities required
- Basic understanding of OSHA, DOT, and EPA regulations
- Candidate must be able to record detailed observations and clearly communicate them to others
- Ability to work effectively in multiple environments