IT Support Specialist – Kalamazoo, Michigan
The successful candidate provides information technology support for the company to include all offices and field applications.
Persons in the IT Support Specialist position shall be able to effectively perform the following tasks:
- Operates the W. Soule IT Help Desk and efficiently works through all open tickets ensuring that they are closed in a timely manner.
- Be the first point of contact for all IT support calls and emails.
- Setup and configure new equipment/software for users as needed.
- Give basic training to users.
- Do project-based tasks as instructed by the IT Director.
- Manage the Antivirus Server and Windows Update Server to make sure devices are clean and current.
- Use remote control software to support personnel.
- Maintain department documentation,
- Be a technical resource for W. Soule employees for phone and computer related issues and questions.
- Attend webinars, conferences, and educational opportunities to stay current.
- Other duties as assigned.
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY
Persons in the IT Support position shall have the ability to proficiently utilize the following tools & technologies associated with the job:
- IT Management Systems
- iOS devices
- Windows OS
- Microsoft 365
- CAD/BIM software
- Printer Management
- WIFI, VPN, Networking
- Active Directory
- Information Security & Protection
- Telephone Systems
- Printers, Copiers, Scanners
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Persons in the IT Support position shall exhibit the following skills and abilities:
- Effectively able to manage one’s time and prioritize requests from others.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds regularly and 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to use ladders and lifts as necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Able to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Ability to talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Maintain professional demeanor.
- Available after hours for support or project implementation
- Maintain department documentation.
- Using logic, reasoning and memory to solve problems.
- Vendor certifications, as determined by department need.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license, insurance and automobile capable of transporting IT equipment
- Desire to learn about new technology and be current on industry trends.