The Safety and Well-being of our Employees is an Organizational Value
Since our beginnings in 1946 in a small shop in Paw Paw, Michigan, our employees have always been an important and valuable part of the W. Soule family. For this reason, the words “To safely” are the preamble to our Mission Statement.
At W. Soule we understand that a safe workplace does not just happen; it is the result of rigorous planning, continuing education, enforcement of policy, and management commitment in combination with safe work behaviors exhibited by our employees. To this end, we will commit the necessary resources to achieve this goal. We are committed to ensuring that throughout their careers our employees are fully empowered to work safely in your facility. Safety will always be the forethought of every endeavor, no matter the size or speed.
Our Safety Program revolves around planning, communicating, observing, and looking for ways to continually improve. This program is the foundation for safe work practices, and includes:
- OSHA 30-Hour Training for field and shop supervisors
- Daily discussion of work tasks to establish safe work practices through the use of W. Soule Pre-Task Planning Cards.
- Employees are empowered to stop work and notify a supervisor if they feel something is unsafe.
- Project Inspection Reports providing leading analytic information enabling the Safety Department to tailor training based on trending data.
- Shop Safety Committees focusing on teamwork and empowering employees to make a difference
- Weekly “Toolbox Talks” specific to our industry
- Employees have completed regulatory required safety trainings for confined space, fork lift, aerial lift, etc.
W. Soule Safety Statistics
|Year||Work Hours||Lost Time Incidents||Lost Time Incident Rate||Total Recordable Incident Rate||EMR|
Let our team of degreed and certified safety professionals minimize the risk on your next project. From site specific safety plans, job safety analysis, safety management of subcontractors to OSHA 10 and 30 hour training. Whatever the project W. Soule has a safety management solution that integrates with your team.
We strive to weave a cultural thread of safety in our everyday activities. In doing so, we believe that working safely will become instinctive to our employees.
Safety Qualified Through
Contact W. Soule today to see how our services can benefit your needs.